Maitland Baptist Church is seeking a Children’s Pastor to work 2.5 days a week, commencing the 1st July 2016.
We are seeking a committed Christian who is enthusiastic, energetic and loves hanging out with kids. The ideal person will be committed to discipleship and have the capacity to train and encourage new leaders.
- Lead Sunday Morning Kid’s Church
- Develop an innovative approach to children’s ministry that focuses on relationship building, training leaders and discipleship
- Work with the children’s leaders to ensure the development and maintenance of a vision that aligns with Maitland Baptist Church vision, values and purpose
- Be part of the Family Ministry team that will work together for the common purpose
of strategically ministering to families
- Exhibit Godly character as a follower of Jesus
- Be committed to personal spiritual growth
- Be passionate about working with children
- Be enthusiastic and energetic
- Be theologically trained, currently in training or willing to enter into training
- Be teachable and humble – have a heart to learn new things, particularly in relation to discipleship and ministry to families
- Become a member of Maitland Baptist Church
- Have previous experience in working or ministering with children
About Maitland Baptist Church
Maitland Baptist Church is a unique Christian presence in the Maitland district. We offer a wide variety of experiences for growth and change. As a church we are committed to the local community. We connect with some 1200 families each week through our children’s ministries such as Sunday Kid’s Church (10 -20 kids), Crèche, Play Centre (Monday and Tuesday), Long Day Care Centre (79 Place) and our Before and After School Care (12 Centres). In addition, we minister to around 30 young people through our youth group program which meets every Friday evening.
How To Apply
Contact: The Church Office 02 4939 1800 or email: email@example.com for an information document
Applications close – Sunday, 12th June 2016.