Full-time or part-time position
Sydney Diocese of the Anglican Church
St Andrews House, Sydney Square
The aim of the Archbishop’s Professional Standards Unit (PSU) is to further the Mission of the Diocese by promoting a culture of safe ministry in our churches and beyond.
This is a full-time or part-time position to provide pastoral care and support to those who require assistance from the PSU, and training and education for prevention of abuse in key areas. This position, also widely known as ‘PSU Chaplain’, reports to the PSU Director.
The role includes:
- Coordinating pastoral care and support for complainants, survivors and others in matters of sexual misconduct and abuse;
- Being proactively involved in providing training and support for safe ministry across the Diocese.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- to be aligned with the principles and values of the Anglican Church in the Diocese of Sydney;
- relevant training and experience in pastoral care;
- excellent skills in relationship management, mediation, conflict resolution and pastoral concern;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- the capability to work in a professional and focused team environment;
- the ability to manage time and perform administrative tasks effectively.
For enquiries and a full position description, please contact Lachlan Bryant on (02) 9265 1514 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the position should include:
1. A Covering letter
2. A Curriculum Vitae
3. References from two people including the person’s current minister and another person who knows of their current or recent professional/pastoral work.