- Be a key part of a missional faith community
- 12 month initial contract, 3-4 days per week
- Northern Beaches, flexible hours
Are you looking for a part-time role in an exciting, contemporary, missional faith community?
Small Boat Big Sea is entering the next phase of its life and we’re looking for a gifted leader to work with our Overseers and Deacons for 3-4 days a week. We invite you to bring ideas, creativity, adventure and let’s get some cool stuff done together!
Small Boat Big Sea was built on the idea of a group of people who engage missionally with their community. The need for a missional expression is needed now more than ever before. We think the church has something to say about the fear being pedalled in the media, about intolerance of difference and lack of compassion for asylum seekers, amongst other things. It is not about words, it has to be about action. So we’re looking for someone to help lead some experiments in missional engagement.
Small Boat Big Sea are a community of people who share a passion for life, creativity and justice. We seek to develop genuine Christian spirituality that connects deeply through place and space, beyond just Sundays. We do, however, meet weekly at the William Street Studios in Manly, and hold a number of other events, gatherings and projects.
We meet together for ‘The Lounge’ on a Sunday evening at 5.30pm and run a Sunday School, Kids Ahoy, during that time. We also run a local playgroup 4 days per week, called Playtime, for 0-4 year olds and their carers at William Street Studios. SBBS employs staff for both Playtime and Kids Ahoy.
We are seeking a Ministry Facilitator to facilitate the ministries of Small Boat Big Sea to ensure spiritual development, growth and pastoral care and work with the community to create missional engagement.
50% of the role would be focused on spiritual development, growth and pastoral care and 50% on project managing a community engagement project/s. Reporting to the Overseers, this role works closely with the Deacons in the outworking of these responsibilities.
- Project manage a community engagement project/s
- Oversee The Lounge service (Sunday evenings)
- Coordinate teaching in The Lounge, as well as doing some teaching
- Oversee Pastoral Care for the community
- Oversee DNA (Disciple, Nurture and Accountability) group resources
Journey with our unique community as we seek to love God, image Jesus and breathe the Spirit together. Flexible hours, loving and creative community seeking to make a real different in our local and global community. Be part of a new chapter in our history.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A DOCUMENT IN ADDITION TO A CV PROVIDING EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE AGAINST THE FOLLOWING SELECTION CRITERIA:
- A committed Christian
- Demonstrated experience in a similar pastoral and teaching role
- Theologically trained
- Strong commitment to Small Boat Big Sea and its vision, mission and values
- Attend Small Boat Big Sea
- Open to the Holy Spirit
- Ability to work with and relate to others in the church ministry context
- Ability to recognise and release people in their area of gifting
- Demonstrated relationship building and negotiation skills
- Collaborative and consultative
- Team builder and motivator
- Demonstrated pastoral care skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to time manage, self-direct and take initiate
Desirable qualification, skills, knowledge and experience
In your application please include a short pitch for a local community engagement project idea that you have.
Please submit applications to Cat Coghlan by email email@example.com. Applications close on 16 October 2016. Complete applications must include responding to the essential criteria, a CV and a short pitch for a community engagement project.
To be eligible for employment with Small Boat Big Sea you must be legally entitled to work in Australia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment, such as mandatory police check and where appropriate working with children check.