Dee Why is a multicultural and social hub of the Northern Beaches. Unique in its vibrant diversity, Dee Why is a beautiful mix of long term locals, expats and seasonal guests. If restaurants, cafes, sun-baking or surfing is your thing Dee Why is your destination.
We gather together in Dee Why Surf club as followers of Jesus, in front of the Creator’s waves and sand. Our name H3O, reflects our desire to be people that have an “all of life” faith. This means it’s more than coming to church on a Sunday. Instead it’s about having our head on, heart on and hands on when it comes to connecting with God, His mission and the people and world He has created.
We have recently created two new and exciting roles that will work together with the H3O Leadership Council to equip the church for the works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up. The Ministry Leadership Development Coach will work in partnership with the Gathering Facilitator / Pastor of Worship and Teaching.
We are seeking a Ministry Leadership Development Coach to see people empowered to love God and the people and world He has created. It is founded on the belief that everyone in our community has God-given knowledge, experience, gifts and skills and that leadership and discipleship is something with which we are all engaged.
In order for H3O to continue to grow in our ability to reach the communities God has called us to, and to do the works He has prepared for us, we must also grow and disciple each other. We all have things to share, things to teach, things we can encourage, things we can learn. The Ministry Leadership Development Coach will help us to understand our God-given potential by equipping, enabling and providing opportunities for us to realise that potential together in a range of collaborative and community contexts together.
The Ministry Leadership Development Coach is responsible for providing coaching, strategies and oversight in leadership development within H3O. This position will work alongside the Leadership Council, and the Gathering Facilitator / Pastor of Worship and Teaching, to see people empowered to love God, the people and world He has created.
This position will be permanent part-time but can be flexible based on the right applicants situation. Remuneration will be in line with Baptist Association guidelines.
- A love for people that emerges out of a love for Christ.
- Respect for team members and authority of the church leadership.
- Godly Character and integrity; openness to truth in the context of grace and love.
- Passion and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ, His kingdom and Gospel.
- Openness to the Spirit of God under the Word of God.
- Commitment to excellence in one’s areas of giftedness.
- An encourager of others to identify and develop spiritual gifts.
- A heart for mission being; social action and social justice.
- Keen desire to practice good soul care with a desire to be mentored by a Christian outside the church.
- A deep relationship with Jesus and a strong sense of calling to serve God in this role.
- Exceptional ability to effectively coach and mentor others.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels in a church or other organisation/group that relies on volunteers.
- Ability to build authentic working relationships with colleagues within and across functions.
- Strong strategic and tactical communication planning and execution skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with an ability to facilitate engaging uplifting discussions as well as presentations and create written reports.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with an ability to collaborate in multiple and diverse projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to generally align gifts/talents and leadership development with a servant-hearted mission and values as well as policies, procedures and practices.
- Attention to detail and focus on high-quality outcomes.
- A vision and heart for the local church.
Want to know more?
If you are interested in applying, or want to know more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about this role and H3O Church can be found on our website http://www.h3o.church;
The closing date for applications is November 30th 2017