Baptist Financial Services Australia Ltd (BFS) is an Australian Baptist Ministry providing financial services for the work of Baptist Churches throughout NSW, ACT, Tas, Vic, SA, NT & WA. The Company was established in 1984, and total assets now exceed $350 million. BFS is a Registered Charity providing the opportunity to raise funds which are used to resource Baptist and other Christian ministries. BFS holds an Australian Financial Services License and is reviewing APRA prudential requirements.
BFS is currently looking to fill the role of a Risk & Compliance Manager in our Sydney office, located at Epping. Reporting to the CEO, the Risk & Compliance Manager is vital to the BFS team to review policies and procedures and to address legislative and regulatory requirements. A key component of this position is help manage BFS relationships with regulators such as APRA and ASIC and to monitor compliance & risk management processes to ensure they are operating according to BFS policies. This includes oversight of reporting requirements to regulators and Board Committees.
Applicants must have the following skills & experience:
- Experience managing an ADI relationship with APRA;
- Good Knowledge of APRA prudential standards for an ADI;
- Understanding of AFSL framework;
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for Charitable Development Funds is an advantage, but not essential;
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written;
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and independently;
- An understanding of the work of the Baptist Church within the community.
Past experience with a Credit Union, Building Society, Bank or other financial institution is essential. This position provides the opportunity to be actively involved in our work as a ministry of the Baptist Church.
An appropriate salary will be negotiated for the position.
Phone: 1300 650 542
Please Note: Applications from those currently residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2017.