Ryde Baptist church is a contemporary Baptist church located in Sydney, NSW. We place a strong emphasis on community and work hard to establish connections with young families in our local area so the Good News of Jesus Christ can be unashamedly proclaimed. “Splash” is part of the Sunday Children’s Ministry during the morning church service, catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 2.
Position: Splash Coordinator, RBC Kids
Job Purpose Summary: To provide spiritual oversight for Children in school years Kindergarten to Year 2, and to support their families
Reports to: Children’s and Families Pastor, and ultimately accountable to the Senior Pastor of Ryde Baptist Church
- Coordinate Sunday Morning Splash team, including rostering
- Prepare and teach Sunday’s Splash lesson each week
- Set up Splash area and other RBC kids areas on Sunday Mornings
- Communicating with families, and facilitate pastoral care
Other Employment details will include, but not be limited to, meeting with the wider Ministry team every Monday fortnight and meeting with the Kids Ministry team throughout the term. There will be other events such as RBC Kids picnic lunches and Newcomers lunches to attend, and other projects that fit your skill set as assigned by the Children’s and Families Pastor. Training the Splash volunteer team as needed, recruiting new team members, and training youth to serve on team. You will be required to work with the leaders of other age groups, so that the sequential RBC Kids program is covered. This position would have a probation period of 6 months.
Minimum position requirement:
- A strong Christian faith in Jesus Christ
- A love of children and families
- Experience working with children
- Be an Australian citizen or have evidence of Australian working rights
- Have a Working with Children’s Check
- Hold a First Aid Certification
- Available Sundays and Mondays minimum
- Committed to Ryde Baptist Church, and its Statement of Beliefs
Enquiries to Ryde Baptist Church office on (02) 9809 4977. Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by 30 August 2017.
A Support Staff position for Ryde Baptist’s ROOSH Before and After School Care is also available. See position description.