Mosaic Baptist Church is looking for a full time Senior Pastor who will provide the church with strong and wise leadership as we seek to live out our vision to love and experience God and to love others completely.
Mosaic Baptist is a large suburban church of approximately 700 people in Canberra. The Senior Pastor leads a team of pastors, staff and volunteers to support several congregations that meet at two separate locations across northern Canberra.
Further information on Mosaic Baptist Church can be found at http://www.mosaicbaptist.org.au/
We are seeking a Senior Pastor with specific spiritual gifts, skills and abilities.
- Visionary: Is a visionary and strategic thinker able to discern God’s will.
- Team Leader: Has proven ability to lead and develop a team of staff and volunteers.
- Preacher/Teacher: Is deeply committed to the Bible and to teaching in a way that equips believers to live out their faith in the world.
- Equipper: Leads by example and equips, encourages and inspires other leaders in the church.
- Missional: Committed to doing God’s will in the world through His Church, and in promoting His Son Jesus Christ as the Saviour to all people, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Holds a degree in Theology or Ministry, or its equivalent and is accredited by the Association of Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT or is willing to work towards seeking accreditation or recognition for pastoral ministry with the Association of Baptist Churches of NSW &ACT.
To be eligible for selection, a candidate must:
- be an Australian resident
- have significant experience as a Senior Pastor leading a team, or as a member of a large, highly-functional team
- agree to Mosaic Baptist Church’s Statements of Beliefs- see: http://mosaicbaptist.org.au/about-mosaic/vision-and-beliefs/
- be ranked at least suitable on all above essential criteria.
How to Apply
Please submit all applications to the Pastoral Search Committee via email to: email@example.com
Applications are to include:
- a concise statement (up to four pages) outlining your eligibility, abilities and addressing the selection criteria; and
- a current resume that outlines your qualifications and previous positions.
Applications close on: May 31, 2015
The Pastoral Search Committee will seek further information from suitable candidates.
Further information on the position and the Mosaic Baptist Church is available by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Moderator/Chair of the Pastoral Search Committee Alan Kelshaw on 0421804957.