- Faith based international development NGO
- Sydney based
- Exciting opportunity in International Development
- Fuel your passion in advocating for communities in poverty
Established in 1959, Baptist World Aid Australia (BWAA) partners with like-minded agencies overseas to empower communities to lift themselves out of poverty, challenge injustice and build resilience. We partner with Christians and churches in Australia, particularly those from the Baptist movement, in generous giving, ethical consumption, courageous advocacy and faithful prayer in order to achieve justice for people living in poverty. We do this from within a professional and enriching staff environment as we serve in the name of Jesus. We are focused on enhancing our diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture to enrich our work, our impact and our relationships with supporters.
The role of the State Representative NSW is to build strong relationships between BWAA and churches in those areas, working to help them develop a biblical response to poverty and to utilise BWAA as a partner in doing so. The State Representative also maintains ongoing relationships with major donors, bequestors and other key supporters. This role will require you to travel regionally, interstate and overseas.
- Member of a Baptist church with good relationships within Baptist churches
- Strong commitment to Baptist World Aid Australia’s mission, vision, values and mandate and theology of development and ability to participate in prayer and biblical reflection sessions
- Ability to articulate the relationship between biblical faith and the work of BWAA
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience in biblical preaching
- Qualifications in Theology/Divinity or equivalent
- Knowledge of global poverty and international development
- Experience working in Christian ministry
If you live the values and demonstrate the capabilities, we can offer you great opportunities. We genuinely care and support, we reward fairly, we provide training and development and provide all types of flexibility.
Please complete the recruitment application form found on our website https://baptistworldaid.org.au/careers/ and send it along with your CV by email to email@example.com. Applications for this round close on 26th March 2017. Applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted by 3rd April 2017. If you have not been contacted by this date, consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note: TAI is a child safe organisation and our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our activities. As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to undergo psychometric testing, police checks and working with children checks.