Youth Pastor at Maitland Baptist Church
Maitland Baptist Church is a unique Christian presence in the Maitland district. We offer a wide variety of experiences for growth and change. As a church we are committed to the local community. We connect with some 1200 families each week through our children ministries such as Sunday Kid’s Church, Crèche, Play Centre (Monday and Tuesday), Long Day Care Centre (79 Place) and our Before and After School Care (12 Centres). In addition, we minister to around 20 to 30 young people through our youth group program which meets every Friday evening.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person to lead the youth ministry at Maitland Baptist Church. Above all else, the right person will be committed to discipleship and have the capacity to train and encourage leaders. We are looking for someone 2.5 days a week.
- Developing an innovative approach to youth ministry that focuses on relationship building, training leaders and discipleship
- Work with the youth leaders to ensure the development and maintenance of a vision that aligns with Maitland Baptist Church vision, values and purpose
- Be part of the Family Ministry team which will work together for the common purpose of strategically ministering to families
- Exhibit Godly character as a follower of Jesus
- Be committed to personal spiritual growth
- Be passionate about working with teenagers
- Be enthusiastic and energetic
- Be theologically trained, currently in training or willing to enter into training
- Have previous experience in an equivalent or similar role – including experience in working with teams
- Be teachable and humble
How To Apply
Contact: The Office 02 4939 1800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an information document
Please only apply for this job if you already have Australian Citizenship or an Australian Work Visa
Applications close 20th March 2016.