Mosaic – A Baptist Church is seeking a Youth Pastor to oversee our current Youth Ministry programs of Friday night and Sunday morning , as well as reach into local High Schools as able. This appointment will initially be on a part-time basis of 2 days per week, however we believe there is opportunity for growth in this ministry and therefore growth in the Youth Pastor role.
A full role description is available on request.
Please send all applications to David Godfrey – email@example.com by Saturday, 31st December 2016.
Youth Pastor: Part-time (2 days)
Oversee our Youth Ministry programs of Friday night and Sunday morning , as well as reach into local High Schools as able.
Recruit, train, develop and lead the leadership team overseeing High School Programs.
Responsible for ensuring there is pastoral care for our youth by both engaging in pastoral care personally, and utilising the skills of our volunteer leadership team.
Meet youth where they are and to seek to lead them toward full devotion to Christ.
The Youth Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor.
1. Personal and vital Christian faith.
2. Lifestyle of moral standing that accords with Christian teaching and values, and aligns with 1 Timothy 3.
3. Demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated, be able to work independently and take initiative in leadership responsibilities.
4. Ability to sensitively and confidentially deal with pastoral issues.
5. Ability to relate to young people, demonstrated in interest, experience and skills in effective youth ministry practice.
6. Proven track record of leadership skills including a demonstrated ability to work as a team member, team builder and team leader.
7. Demonstrate effective public speaking ability to all age ranges of kids, youth and adults.
8. Possess or be willing to engage in relevant theological qualifications to Bachelor level.
9. Competence in the organizational, management and administrative skills.
10. Capacity to connect with and support parents of teenage children.
11. Capacity to grow in leadership and competence with a growing ministry.
12. Is able to demonstrate a commitment to Mosaic’s Vision and Values.
13. Is able to demonstrate effective relational and leadership skills consistent with the collaborative style of ministry and leadership team.